A Paris Creative Journal
Join Artist, Poet and Musician David Fox for
a 9 day–9 nights art and cultural adventure in Paris!
Under the guidance of David Fox, internationally exhibited artist and teacher, participants will spend 9 days experiencing the City of Light through drawings, flash writing (words, poems-stories-thoughts), taking impressions, and photographing, to create a unique personal journal, a creative Parisian memoir.
With the life and culture of Paris as our subject, you are invited to develop your personal creative voice, through a variety of media, while having a unique artistic experience. The workshop will include:
• En plein-air around the city, the Seine, and Paris’ magnificent parks:
– David will lead the group and demonstrate drawing and watercolor techniques. Sessions will take place by the Louvre on the Pont des Art with spectacular views of Notre Dame, Palais de l’Institut de France & Bibliothèque Mazarine, and Ile de la Cité; other locations will include, Place du Trocadéro/Eiffel Tower; Les Jardins du Luxembourg; La Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre with its panoramic view of Paris; Le Palais Royal (Palace and gardens with 17th-century arcades & Daniel Buren's sculptural installation in the courtyard), and other inspiring venues.
• Session at the famous Académie de la Grande Chaumière, an école des arts near Montparnasse, drawing from the life model in the grand tradition of the School of Paris.
• Visit of Musée du Louvre and D’Orsay, examining of some of the world’s masterpieces. Discussion at the Louvre on paintings such as Géricault’s Raft of the Medusa, Baron Gros’ Bonaparte Visiting the Plague Victims of Jaffa, Delacroix’s Liberty Leading the People, and other significant paintings.
• Tour of some of the art districts of Paris, such as Le Marais and St. Germain.
• Participants will be encouraged to write thoughts, poems or stories even with no prior experience. David will give the group themes and prompts each day to support and nurture the writing in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
• Join SpokenWord Paris (all in English) at Le Chat Noir, a creative tribe of people who love poetry, writing, and song. Participants will be encouraged to share your written words, poems or short stories at this open mic evening, or just enjoy the social gathering.
• There will be friendly café group discussions and gatherings in the grand tradition of Parisian artists.
• Participants can join an elective cooking lesson at a typical and timeless French brasserie in the 2eme arrondissement of Paris. We will create, cook and taste recipes with a master chef in French cuisine, well known for his subtle and distinctive pairings of flavors and textures. This will be followed by a gourmet meal with wine pairing (elective, with additional fee).
• TBA, a drawing session at the Louvre based on availability.
• The workshop will include free time for personal investigation and leisure.
** List of supplies will be provided. As the creative journal is the focus, this trip is designed to minimize the carrying of any heavy art materials or equipment.
Fee for creative-full participants: $1250
Fee for accompanying (non-artmaking) participants: $600 (Participants are welcome to engage in all gatherings and activities beyond the art-making component)
Fee is for instruction only, payable to David Fox, non refundable unless workshop is canceled by instructor. Fee does not include: entrance to museums, airfare, transportation, accommodations, food, beverages, elective cooking class/meal event, and other personal expenses.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE NOW! Early registration recommended to secure your spot. Deposit, $500 for full participant, $250 for accompanying participant; deposit is non-refundable.
PLEASE register in person with David Fox; call 914-330-6869; or email email@example.com.
Information about David Fox can be viewed at davidfoxstudio.com.
Sunday May 12: Arrive in Paris –Meet & Greet
Monday May 13: First full day
Monday May 20: Last full day /workshop ends
Tuesday May 21: Leave Paris – Au revoir!